Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let's roll

Last year before Thanksgiving, I was painting a dining room.

This year, I'm painting a powder room.

I bought the paint for the powder room over a year ago because it was the first room I was going to paint. But higher visibility rooms called to me: the dining room. So my focus got redirected. Shane's picking back up with the school room remodel, and I'm a bit limited in helping him at this point. So I am resuming my own painting projects.

I took off the wallpaper boarder. Primed over the brown and yellow. Then I started cutting in. Only to discover, the color looks much like the yellow I just primed over, and my color preferences have changed from a year ago. But since I was already committed, I finished with a first coat to get an overall effect. I'm still undecided if I'll keep it. Going to put a second coat on today because the color isn't obnoxious and I can live with it. Plus: TOMORROW IS THANKSGIVING.

I can change the color another time. It wouldn't be the first time I've painted a room twice.

Today, the kids and I are going to spray paint pine cones with glitter spray and make a wreath.

Lanie has volunteered to be the taste tester for pumpkin dip.

And I'm going to make a pumpkin roll.


No comments: