Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The annual 20 questions and one word

The 20 Questions for Reflecting on the Year. I did this last year, privately. I remembered that one answer surprised me most. In fact, it's the only answer I remembered. When asked about the most valuable relationships, I didn't choose the people who loved me.

I chose the ones who hated me.

In 2011, it was through another's hatred that I experienced the most growth.

This year, when answering the question about valuable relationships, I didn't pick the haters.

I picked the healers.

They also taught me many lessons. And they did it through love. They are the ones who spread hope, not hurt. They are the ones who walk alongside, not cast aside. When I think of the hands and feet of Jesus on Earth, I think of the healers.

Some others:


3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Cutting the grass. (Shane says that's his unexpected joy too!)

5. Pick three words to describe 2012. Strengthening. Healing. Joyful.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Outlook: perseverance.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? The decision to pursue joy, run my race.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Run the race marked out for me.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? Yard work. Amen.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Hospitality.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? That God doesn't waste anything. He puts it all to use, and even the sad and hurtful stuff can be used for a greater purpose.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you. On-on.

And the one word:

Service.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Just wanted to say "hi" after reading your comment on my article, "Fullness of Joy." Glad to visit you here.