Monday, April 22, 2013

One thousand gifts and still counting (4096-4125)

truth, as hard as it is, because it sets free
hearts worth mourning
my husband
and kids
this place, our home

and how Joel and Cindy stopped in
the scent of fresh bread baking
hot coffee in the afternoon
hugs with Julie
a comfy bed to sit on

and be quiet with thoughts
for permission to dust the dirt from my feet and move on
for wounds that are slow to heal, that mean lessons run deep
peanut butter on a spoon
friends having coffee with me around the kitchen table

tulips in a vase
a plug for bible reading on stage
and that I might have any part of it
to glorify You
a ready back

mulch to move
cushions for my feet
curtains to put up in the living room
a history in this home that I can know and be part of
night drives with Lanie

Erin's helpful hands
the green season
hedge trimmers like air guitars
yard arms
dandelions gifted during recess





No comments: