Sunday, April 21, 2013

When doves cry

Spent the afternoon out in the yard (currently on water break). Trimmed up shrubs and some evergreens with the big hedge trimmers. Sticks out far--one hand extends back to hold the go button and the lock release, the other hand reaches out forward to do the trimming and shaping. This is a full body endeavor.

I saw Shane in the garage while I was trimming the bushes. I talked to him later while guzzling down the first bottle of water.

"Did you see me cutting the bushes?" I asked him. He looks at me plainly. "I was like a rock star rockin' out on a guitar."

He cracks the barest smile. I know inside he's cracking up. All the while, Prince's "When Doves Cry" electric guitar intro is blaring in my mind as I head back to work.

Hoping my arms work tomorrow.

When Doves Cry on You Tube.

No comments: