Thursday, May 16, 2013

Last day of K

end of kindergarten

first day of school
Lanie's headed to fifth grade, and Erin is going to first. But before that, it's the first day of summer vacation! We've got a date with friends today, and NO HOMEWORK! Ahead of me, my own gluttonous summer reading list, frisbee flying, pool splashing, cookouts, read-alouds in the field under a walnut tree, and day trips.

We'll still keep up with some light schooling stuff probably ... ok, maybe ... ish. I'll think about that--tomorrow. Piano recital this weekend, and dance recitals in June.

However, first things first.

So glad for this year.

I loved teaching kindergarten.

Loved. It.

Driving out of the parking lot, I remembered Lanie's end of kindergarten. And now it's Erin's turn. Window rolled down, I gave a wave to friends on the playground and chatted Nate's mom a bit. Then we just merged onto the big road to head off to more celebrations (Shane and his sister's birthday dinner). My kids were only thinking about freezer pops.

Hello, summer. 

No comments: