Thursday, June 27, 2013

How we eat cake

Getting ready to bake another strawberry cake, and looked into archives to access the recipe. I was reading the post, and sent it to Shane with a note that it reminds me of our walk in the woods.

His response to me had me CHOKING on laughter. I love him.

“At each forkful, I appreciated the delicate crisp of sugar breaking at the surface under gentle pressure, the juxtaposition of berries in the wedge, their tenderness and yield from the lower temperature baking over an hour, the golden crust.”

What!!!???

I have to call B.S. on that. I love how I’m basically described as a pig stuffing my face with three pieces of cake (one of which I supposedly tried to hide) while you were appreciating “the juxtaposition of the berries in the wedge.” I’m sure that you had at least three pieces.    

I think it’s time for me to start up my own blog so the truth can finally be told.


No comments: