Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ride

I still wonder how she came into my life.

 
She is a whirlwind of smile and energy.


 She showed up this morning to ride with her bike. And a gift for me. Pink John Deere gardening gloves. They can also be used for snake wrangling.



We loaded bikes on the rack and drove off to a relatively nearby path. Biked 14 miles. Laughed so hard reaching our halfway point, where they had a museum, and a kids' craft station. She made an owl out of paper plates. And then she tossed the only other crafty item on the table my way: a construction paper snake.

I laughed so hard.

Can't wait to ride again. I missed my bike. And that kind of laughter. And how good it feels to be that sore and sweaty.


2 comments:

MarshallsMommy said...

Yaaay! Go you, momma!

Courtney said...

Woo-hoo! You don't know how happy I felt! Can't wait to go again. I'm thinking we could do 20 miles this time ...