Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snippet

A neighbor just dropped off a tower of treats for the kids. What a tower! What squeals! What chocolate!

Giant chocolate coins, nuts, cheeses, M&Ms, Christmas foil-wrapped chocolate balls, toffees, white chocolate pretzels, oh, and the chocolate mouse.

Erin holds the mouse and looks at it. Lanie is not a fan of chocolate. She's a vanilla girl. I say to Erin privately, "You can have the chocolate mouse."

"I'll just eat the head," she offers.

"You can have the whole thing."

"Really!?! I'm going to write you a 'thank you' note!"

Now that's some gratitude.

***

Erin's friend Cara is celebrating seven today. Her party is next weekend. Erin says to me, "Mom. You know how Cara's birthday is coming up? Well I was wondering, since I'm trying to save my money to buy a car and a house, can I use some of your money to pick something out from the school store?"

***

the effect of chocolate on Erin

No comments: