Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Christmas photo

There was a time, before kids, when I would have had the cards written and addressed and mailed the weekend after Thanksgiving.

There was a time that I snagged the perfect pictures (ok, one perfect out of 300 attempts!) to send out to family and friends.

However, now is the time that I'm thinking I don't have a picture in mind, and one of my two refuses to be in the photo of any close proximity to the other, and I just found my address book and thumbing through it I realized I don't even keep in touch with half of these people anymore anyway.

So this was not the year of smile-for-the-camera. There was weeping of one and, possibly, gnashing of teeth.

"Can't you just send a card without a photo on it? I know people just buy cards," Lanie interjects.

This is what I'm up against. (Breakfast and lunch dishes on the table and in the sink, mac and cheese still on the stove, homework lessons all around and there was still stuff on the to-do.)

Glad to pull from the photo archives. It'll be our little secret, k?

love these blues

dog archive, using this one

Lanie archive, using this one

Erin today, using this one
Act surprised when you get yours.

Fa, la, la, la, la ...

No comments: