Sunday, March 16, 2014

On the wall

I was looking at some pictures I have saved elsewhere, going through the before pictures of this house before it was ours. I even have a picture of the captains bell; but at the time I didn't know there was a bell underneath all the vines. I looked at that picture for a long time today, and I smiled.

We are minimalists when it comes to a lot of things. Decorating for us was paint on a wall. Maybe one picture. And after two and a half years here, I think it's amusing that we are just getting the school room finished. We still would like to add a comfy loveseat, bamboo shades, maybe a couple of other pictures on the wall. But it's definitely nice to have finished putting up the wall maps.

Ran into a neighbor the other day who has major work ahead of him this spring because of tree damage.

"I wish I had jobs like other husbands, the ones who fix one thing or hang a picture," he said. He's got siding to replace, downed limbs to remove, regrading land, and an ongoing project of refinishing a barn.

Shane got to be one of those other husbands today, with a honey-do list that was all about hanging stuff. He got it all done: securing the curtain rod, stuff up on the school room walls, a decorative thing in the dining room, and leveling out our wedding pictures in the bedroom (I just stuck the pictures on the nails that were already there and the pictures have been wonky for about a year).


I love this guy.

lol

still need to add metal washers to picture display so magnetic clips will hold

this is our old kitchen table with chalkboard paint

2 comments:

MarshallsMommy said...

Whoo whoo!!!! Looks like a million bucks!

Courtney said...

Thanks, friend. I'm really enjoying it. I still have a way to go, but at least in my corner at the table, it feels done.