Thursday, April 3, 2014

Speak life

21 Words kill, words give life;
    they’re either poison or fruit—you choose. Proverbs 18:21, The Message

I know any time I get something in the mail from Marshall's Mom, it's going to be love. Gifts are her love language. The kids were so excited when I told them who it was from, because this woman has a reputation for awesome in our household.

"Bows!" one said, trying to get a peek under the brown paper wrapping. 

I picked up the card and read the words ... "a few of my favorite things ... about Courtney."



I caught my breath. This box was for me.

The next words made me cry.


The sweet gifts attached to each set of life-giving words were thoughtfully selected. But her words, oh the words, they spoke into me. They spoke about the time and experiences we've shared as friends, as women, as wives and moms. 

Marshall's Mom sat at my table week after week while our kids played years ago. We learned so much from each other and enjoyed even more--meals, baking, crafting, sewing. Friendship. Life.

I'm thankful that even long-distance, we still keep in touch. 

I had phoned her recently about issues that left me frustrated and confused and down. And in this loving gesture, she gets right to my heart, like light that bursts from the inside out.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."






Thankful for you, (((friend))). You've touched my life so deeply, and positively, and influenced my kids and me in ways that go forward. I am so thankful we met. Thank you for using these words to build me up.

xoxo

(Going back to crying again. You. Amaze. Me.)

No comments: