Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Whispers of things

I wanted to try to get a normal night's sleep. Went to bed at a decent hour. At the top of the stairs, I glanced into Erin's room and saw her looking at me. We smiled at each other and I went in to give her hugs and kisses.

She was hot breath and fervent whispers of everything on her mind.

"Mommy, tomorrow let's get the tea cups out and have a tea party with apple juice like we used to. We can have it like a picnic with cookies," her eyes were bright with imagination.

"Ok," I said.

She got out of bed to come sleep with me, and all the while, she's whispering a to-do list that's every bit seven-and-a-half-year-old-girl.

"We can paint our fingernails pink, and go to the chocolate store for chocolates. We can shop for jewelry along the way, necklaces and earrings," she continued.

I'm sure there was more, possibly accompanied by rainbows and daisies.

Thankful for this little girl. Thankful that her mind is full of things she wants to do with me, that it's all special to her, however simple as cookies and juice on a blanket in the field.

Note to self: do not forget these days.

No comments: