Monday, October 20, 2014

One thousand gifts and still counting (6140-6172)

misty, foggy days
and the glowing colors against a gray sky
that I get to see these things
the crunch of maple leaves under my feet
fuzzy socks
hot tea

piano music in the rooms
big, fat meatballs
the ache in my legs from roller skating
the woodstove insert
heat in my house again

a 40+-year-old music system in the rooms
a good night's sleep
and a Saturday nap
worship
Christy

Julie
friends and neighbors who see me
walnut stain on my hands
walnuts curing on the patio
provision

Reggie at church
yard work
dirt under my nails
my snake stompers
rosemary and bay leaf in the house

a table for three
good laughs over toppled cone cakes
good friends for Lanie
French toast bakes
orange juice in the fridge

a good man
another birthday here

No comments: