Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Erin helped me in the kitchen this year. She made the cranberry sauce. We got it all (almost) done: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, soup, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing. It was only after we sat down to eat that I realized I forgot to make the roasted veggies. This year, we worked ourselves into a heavy carb coma.


(Above: table setting; the lovely cloth that Linda embroidered--and I had no idea until this year that she had made it--I've had this cloth for as long as I can remember; a scarf for Lanie that I'm knitting; Erin, kitchen maven; getting ready to desserts; desserts! desserts!; petit fours from a neighbor; my 'traditional' turkey teacups for soup; cranberry sauce in the golden turkey.)

Denise came over and was a huge help--she always is!

So thankful for her friendship


Erin played outside and helped in the kitchen. This is the snowman she made on our snow day.



Dad, Linda and Lori came over and it was a lot of fun. Probably one of the best holidays we've had. (Thanks, God!)

Next course: pie and ice cream
Good life, good life.

No comments: