Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The forest for the trees

I'm mesmerized by the woods. I'm sure I've said it before, that if I ever moved again, it would be to go deeper into the woods.

I've been taking lots of photos lately, getting practice on several good friends who sub as models. A recent trip took us out of my yard and down to some tracks.







One friend asked why I was suddenly doing family portraits.


"My kids run and hide when I pull out the camera. They're so done with me taking their pictures. And I have a lot of pictures of my yard." Just thought I'd branch out. Oh, the pun. But there's more to it. I want to get better at it. And there's more to it than that.

When I asked, "Would you mind going into the swampy area? I noticed it's dry and I've always wanted to go there."

They went.

I had a lot of fun snapping photos of them. I lost count of how many times I said, "It's so beautiful here. I love this place."

I snuck in a few pictures of the trees, because that's what I do.

I love trees.



No comments: