Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Watching the winter mix

Hot coffee. Hot fires. Hot pancakes. Snow in the forecast. Happy to be home.



For whatever reason, finding it hard to believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving. A friend called early this morning to wish us well and we talked recipes and past holidays.


Another knitting project in the works (a scarf for Lanie). A good book to finish (The Poem of the Cid). Leftovers in the fridge to finish off means no cooking for me today. Except for the pancakes this morning. (Erin next to me by the fire and I wondered out loud, "I wonder if I should make pancakes for breakfast. What do you think?" And she said, "I think you should.")

Excited for Denise to join us at the table tomorrow. Thankful to host Thanksgiving this year.

Watching rain mix with an occasional big, fat snowflake. Then turning over more to snow.

"Oh no, it's snowing," from Lanie.

I don't mind. It's all beautiful in the woods.

No comments: