Friday, January 2, 2015

The new word

After my talk with David the other week, his words bounced around in my thoughts.

Balance ... wonderment. I love those words. I felt sure one of them would end up a focus word for 2015. I'm still drawn to them. But for whatever reason, I can't shake this one ... this one that is loaded with meaning:

Camera 4


At church, there are three stationary cameras, and I've worked them all. But Camera 4 is a roving camera that ducks in and out of shadows and courts visibility and calls for creativity. I have always secretly wanted to do Camera 4. My excuses were: well, I will when I'm skinnier, stronger, fitter ... when I get better ... when I'm ready.

And when exactly will any of that be?

For someone who is a little too comfortable behind the scenes, it's time to step out and test the shadows.

Camera 4 means creativity, facing fears and pressing on, chancing visibility, learning something new, freedom. It means a solid focus on a goal and throwing off insecurity in ability.

So that's it.


It's more than the act. It's an attitude.

2 comments:

Nora said...

I'm so excited for you! Here's to a new journey front and center!

Courtney said...

Thanks! It's still not front and center, but it is definitely out of my comfort zone. ;)