Sunday, March 8, 2015

Last of the snow days

Buds are formed on the tree tips. Spring is near.

Enjoying today accompanied by the drips and drops of melting snow from the rooftop, the squeals of my kids slip-sliding down the hill, my dog's tail wagging happily as she watches.

self: don't forget these good years


Spring is near. Spring is near.

Soon I'll be ordering mulch for the gardens, and gassing up the tractor for the first cut in April. March is a mad rush to finish inside projects: painting below the chair rail, the upper hall, a master bath, and maybe the bedroom.

Maybe I'll get it all done. Maybe I won't. But I know I'll try.


Recently, a friend questioned, "How will you finish life's race?"

And I know: running, gasping, sweating, panting, pushing, praising, reaching, singing, smiling.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

On, on.

No comments: