Thursday, March 26, 2015

The 'all about me'

She did these projects in first and second grades (though we did a similar project in kindergarten too, more in a show-and-tell kind of way with favorite books and likes. Hint, my bag of examples had coffee and M&M's.) We were packing up stuff to bring home from school at the end of the day, and she had her posters.

I looked at first grade. The photos I'd taken of her, her hands outlined, a list of likes. It was all about her and all about here and all about now: swimming, a dog, new friends, us, this place. Her sweet handwriting as captions to images--this is my dog; I am six; my best friend.




The poster she did this year was much more visual and a lot less wordy. The pictures she used? She took them all herself. Her poster adorned with colorful marker and ribbons. Pictures sticking out around the perimeter like quills. (Had I known that shot she took of me would be displayed for class and congregation, I might have brushed my hair and put on some make up for it.)

I love the first grade poster because it's a snapshot of that time.

I love the second grade poster because it truly is all about her.

I have no idea why this image loaded sideways.





No comments: