Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tender

I was making grilled cheese for lunch today. Jiliann is such a dear at our table. Truly a special child. She said, "The only reason I'd stay (here) is because of you (all)."

I walked over and hugged her. She has the sweetest heart.

I went back to the stove, and heard her say, "I'm going to miss you."

I turned back and she was crying. And so I started crying too. I went back and hugged her some more.

Crying still, every time I think of them leaving.

***

David has been on my mind a lot lately.

I asked Shane if he'd mind if we had extra people for dinner tomorrow. He said he didn't mind.

I texted Anita to thank them for sending us an anniversary card of happy wishes and to invite them over for burgers tomorrow. Then I noticed I had missed a call and voicemail earlier today. It was David calling to wish us happy Easter. I called him back immediately.

"You know what I love?" I asked him.

"What?" he said.

"That we were both thinking of each other today. I love that!"

He laughed. (Shane laughed too when I told him.)

I told him I love him too. And the wonderful thing is, I know he will say it back.

No comments: