Saturday, May 23, 2015

Slow

Saturday dog bone skittering dance ... I came downstairs just as Shane was throwing the bone into the yard for the dog. Holiday weekend, laid out long. Sunshine.

***

Lanie had a friend sleep over two nights. The first afternoon, Jiliann said, "It's only 2:40? We still have fifty hours together!" And I smiled at how they make the most of the time they have.

***

Good workouts all week. But I did bake white chip chocolate cookies for the kids yesterday when Viviana couldn't make a play date and Erin was heart broken. I let her lick a mixer. And I joined her outside with one of my own. And then we all had two cookies each. Yeah. Totally worth it. They taste like pudding.

***

Finished the Hunger Games books last night. Snuck in a book Lanie recommended the other night too (A Face First by Cummings). A few lined up for my own enjoyment, and Gilgamesh waiting on the school room table, reminding me that September isn't far away. 

***

My friend Nora introduced me to a yummy drink:

1 cup coconut milk
2 T peanut butter
1 T cocoa powder
1 banana
some ice cubes

It was my breakfast and lunch the other day. Yummy. I froze the banana and used canned light coconut milk. Thanks, Nora!

***

The trees are lush and full again. The captain's bell rings out. I hear the summer laughter of kids scootering and biking in the yard. Evening walks holding hands with Lanie. The simple satisfaction of dirt under my nails. Birdsong and blossoms. And knowing soon, the black raspberries will be ripe and ready for little hands (and big hands too) to pluck.

3 comments:

Nora said...

It's so sad how addicted I am to that shake. I have to reign it in! I'm so glad you like it!

Nora said...

I meant rein. :O

Courtney said...

It's a new favorite of mine too. Thanks for telling me about it!