Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The stuff

Photo shoot last weekend. Shane said to me, "You look like you're dressed for severe weather."

I had on a sweater turtleneck and a duster cardigan. The outside temperatures were delightful, but inside our house felt like the inside of a fridge. This house is fabulous for insulating against warmth.

***

I had a cup of coffee out with a friend who just wanted to touch base and see how I was doing this year with all the changes.

Seriously, this amazed me that the whole purpose of our time together was to check on me.

After coffee, she walked me to my car and put her arm around me and prayed for me.

I gave her the biggest hug.

***

Caught in the straddle of time at being glad that October is nearly over (co-op) and wanting to savor it (my kids).

***

Slept in until 8:15 this morning. Erin did too. I thought I would regret losing time, but it was delightfully refreshing. And stuff still got done.

***

Erin asked about being baptized. She's already planning who she wants to invite. She asked if Shane and I would baptize her. Oh my heart.

***

Stitches out tomorrow. A shoot on Friday. Hair cuts for two with my girlie on Saturday. Church and Halloween. It's even a fall-back weekend for an extra hour. Sunday is our family photo shoot.

***

Scripture that's open on tabs, because, you know, LIFE.

23 Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants. 2 Timothy 2:23-26, NLT.
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Ephesians 3:16, NLT.

18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18, NLT.

***

dog

birthday mug from Erin

soup season

2 comments:

marshalls_mom said...

You are a riot that your house insulates well from warmth outside ;)

Courtney said...

We maintained a crisp 62 degrees. I can't believe Shane walks around in a short-sleeve shirt, and I've got on: a long-sleeve shirt, a cardigan, a scarf, a poncho and a blanket, and I still wished I had on an extra pair of socks. ;)