Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thirteen

I was searching through old photos this morning to put together a little collage of Lanie in honor of her birthday. Sadly, my digital photos only go back to 2009 (because of a terrible drive crash and then theft of said drive after we moved here).

Old photos from life before.

nugget with the goofy play glasses

in from the snow

a piano recital

a piano recital

serious

these two

toothless





And photos when this place was so new to us. For whatever reason, I feel lost in color.

a fireplace for roasting marshmallows


going on nine

I had this image printed out and hung up in our office at the other house as a constant visual of God's urging

before it was ours, during a visit

she was going on nine

her new room

first fall here

our year at home in third

first day of fourth

when we got our dog

Happy thirteenth to my sweet girl.


She requested bacon and coffee for breakfast.





I stood quietly with Shane last night, holding his hand. We were both acutely aware of the time we have left with her.

I don't even know what to say, except I have a teenager.

(time, go slow.)

2 comments:

MarshallsMommy said...

Happy Birthday, Lanie!!!! Thought of you all day!!!! I can't believe you are 13.

Courtney said...

=)

I'll tell her. xoxo