Saturday, November 7, 2015

Out of the camera, into my heart

I planned on making these cookies a couple of weeks ago, but only got around to it yesterday. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to run a race across a wet bar of soap.

They are chocolate cake mix cookies with 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, one package of cream cheese and half a stick of butter. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. I put peanut butter candy pieces on top of mine.

Erin wanted to have a tea party. On my wedding day, I was gifted a sake set from a sweet friend. We don't drink sake, but this came in delightfully handy for tea parties years later with my girlies. It had been awhile, and Erin was recently reminiscing.

"We'll have one tomorrow," I told her.

When I dropped Lanie off at dance, Erin was waiting for me in the garage when I got home. I immediately pulled out the sake set, the apple juice, plates and cookies. Erin got napkins.

"One or two cookies?" she asked.

"Two," I answered.
People: her face



She chatted her sweet talk to me while we ate and then said, "Oh wait!"

She ran upstairs and brought down a card she had made and handed it to me.

"I made it last night!" she said. "I wish I had made you a gift too!"

Because this is what time together looks like. This is what time together means to her. Time together is my love language--and hers too (along with gifts).

Tables are rich altars for love offerings.

Thanks, God.

No comments: