Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

It felt good to be home.

I loved the fog. I loved the glow of Christmas lights. I loved the melody of Christmas music.

Lanie requested I start the music when it was time for them to come down (a throwback to my childhood). So I did. Sometimes Christmas music sounds so sad, ever notice?

The day seemed to fly by. The coffee was good. The cinnamon rolls were really good (Yay! They were a bit of a sticky mess to work up the night before, but they handled the fridge overnight rise like a boss and had a bread-like pull and crumb. The only thing I would change would be the icing--definitely more of a cream cheese base. We--meaning the girls and I--ate the whole dozen throughout the day and this morning. Oink.). The kids played all day long. Shane and I sat in the living room and talked all day long.

Hearts happy, bellies full.

Good life.


our fifth Christmas here

piano music to her favorite singer


Erin loves shopkins

No comments: