Sunday, February 28, 2016

Park

We went to the park today. All of us and a friend's two daughters who had stayed with us for the weekend.

It was a first time to the park for everyone but Lanie.

It had one of those metal slides like I remember from when I was a kid. The kind that could get scorching hot in a summer sun.

It had one of those turnabout things. And there was so much more. We spent a few hours there, and had it been a few degrees warmer, we could have spent even more time.


I laughed a lot with my man. The girls were giggly and happy. It felt like spring, and here we are, still hanging on to February.

When we got home, I set out to make dinner. And for fun, I was going to bake chocolate chip cookies, but we only had salted butter. Yuck.

"Want me to run out and get unsalted butter?" Shane asked.

"Really? Sure! Get two!" I said.

I baked cookies while the kids played, and Erin and Sage came down commenting on the scent, unexpected because they thought we didn't have the right butter. (Note to self: you have more than enough salted butter.)

I piled cookies on to a decorative cake stand, and after dinner, dessert!

"Can we have two?" one asked.

"Yes!" I answered.

Their big grins.

This day was really good. Really, really good.

Thankful for sunshine, a great park that's minutes away (and yet felt like traveling back in time), unsalted butter, and that man of mine.

Shane and I laughed so hard today (oh my gosh, me trying to run, Shane on the swings, the selfies of us that he kept wrecking). It was the best.

No comments: