Thursday, June 16, 2016

Around a table

I love this:

"Everything happens around a table." ~ Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper.

I love tables.

We homeschool around a table.
repurposed


during the school year, although it still has book piles on it today

We have guests regularly around a table for play date snacks, coffee, lunches, dinners, holidays.



When we don't have guests, we meet as a family of four around a table for meals and celebrations.


I've sat at tables I shouldn't have and heard things I shouldn't have (and even had a table turned on me)--and I found new tables.

One of my favorite books is called Table Life by Joanne Thompson, and it certainly changed my perspective on tables.


Tuesday, I shared a table with a woman I hadn't seen in about a year. We caught up on things, skimming depths, gaining insight, sharing encouragement. I loved talking with her. I felt seen, heard, understood--grateful.

I left our time together feeling encouraged, refreshed, rejuvenated, and delightfully blessed.

My time with her was a joy infusion.

Life giving.

Everything happens around a table.

No comments: