Saturday, June 11, 2016

Summer hustle

Linda was at our table last night.

I showed her a picnic basket I picked up recently, and the checkered cloths to go with it. I got dreamy over summer picnic plans.

I told her about the year the summer went so fast with SO MANY ACTIVITIES, that while it was fun and memorable, I didn't feel rested or refreshed. I told her how, after the orientation meeting that fall at co-op, I came home with my kids and determined to have the picnic I had envisioned all summer under the walnut trees, but had never gotten around to.

throw back 2013









"This year, you should come have a picnic in the field with us," I said to Linda. Realizing there was no back-to-school orientation signaling the end of summer and the start of a new hustle, I smiled and said, "Because now we have forever."

Well, not really forever, but we can have a picnic any day we'd like. July, August, or October, November.

Hello, summer hustle. I think we're going to get along great.

impatiens

reclaiming the garden

summer love, the field

woods life, abundant life
There's no place like home.

No comments: