Sunday, September 18, 2016

Because bacon

I was getting sick of pizza and pasta as a last resort (even though we did find an enormous bag of gluten-free meatballs at BJS). I needed more creativity in my menu planning. How was it I had thousands of pins saved on Pinterest, and I was still eating the same boring meals?

So I took out my grocery notebook, and working from the back towards the middle, started writing out the recipes I wanted to try from Pinterest. I wrote them out because, if you can imagine a homeschooler without one--egads--we don't have a printer at home.

We've enjoyed lots of new dinners. Tonight a honey mustard chicken with avocado.

Dressing: 1/3 c honey, 2 T grain mustard, 2 T dijon, 2 T olive oil, 2 garlic cloves minced, salt, and 2 T water. Mix together. Use half as marinade for chicken. Use the other half as dressing on the salad.

Then the salad: bacon, romaine, grape tomatoes, avocado, corn right off the cob, red onion.

I used chicken thighs and grilled them. I also added a few bell peppers to the grill because we've been loving grilled veggies lately.

***

Skirt steak, minced garlic, 1 lime juiced, 2 T olive oil, s & p. Make marinade. Marinate steak 2-10 hours. Grill. Throw down some zucchini, onions and peppers on the grill too. Eat your heart out.

Served up with a side of roasted sweet potato fries.

***

We had this on Friday with Linda.

rotisserie chicken, diced

3 cloves of garlic, minced; 2/3 c heavy cream; 2/3 c milk; 1 c shredded cheese (used moz and parm); gf fettucini; 2 c steamed broccoli florets; and BACON.



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yummo!!! My mouth is watering! Heehee! Sounds amazing. :)

Courtney said...

=) Hello, friend! xoxo