Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day story

Outside my window, the bluest skies, cloud free. Warm temperatures. Leaves floating down, a preview of what's to come. Good old blue, covered for winter. So long, summer. Welcome, fall.

Giving thanks for dental fixes, clothes shopping with my girl, pumpkin spice coffees, mums for sale, and a faucet and a mailbox installed.

In the school room, planners lined up for a coming week's planning. This is the life.

From the kitchen, lots of baking. Ann's birthday is tomorrow and I'm thinking about a pumpkin something to celebrate her. Earlier in the week, I made a pumpkin butter. Buttermilk on the grocery list, and pumpkin breads in the very near future.

I am creating a tea cozy with Erin and a tote bag with Lanie. But more than that, a legacy. I am so thankful for this year. There is no place I'd rather be. Slowing down to be present with my kids.

I don't want to forget how she brings American Girls on walks with us. Acorns found. Butterflies freed. Hugs throughout the day. Their funny video skits. The books they write. And all the art. Or how when Lanie plays Love Theme, it makes me want to cry. Or when Erin works away at Ode to Joy, I know a passion is reignited.


I am reading Carry On, Mr. Bowditch for middle school literature. Just finished The Pearl by John Steinbeck--his stories might just be some of my favorites this year. Listened to 1984 by George Orwell, Unglued by Lisa TerKeurst, and Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. A friend and I are about to start this one: Famous In Heaven and At Home: A 31-Day Character Study of the Proverbs 31 Woman by Michelle Myers.

I am hearing Lanie practice the piano. I love the peace in Sunday.

Around the house, a faucet fixed and Shane cut some wood to make a frame for me. The pool is closed, an oak is down. I, for one, am looking forward to cooler days, wool socks, and woodsmoke from the chimneys.

A view of my favorite things:











At the table--Shane and I have been revisiting hospitality. I'm so glad that he is supportive of my love of people at the table. More tea parties are on the horizon, and Friday dinners expanded. Looking forward to what will happen.




No comments: