Monday, September 19, 2016

New day

Got up early. Drank coffee. Listened to rain slapping the slate outside.

Downpour.

Kids sleeping in until 7:30 a.m. I had two loads of laundry done and a bathroom cleaned, literature notes prepared, a podcast reviewed, and was showered by 8.

Erin and I took a lovely morning walk. The rain had stopped, and she commented the temperatures were pleasant.

We held hands. We watched birds. I snagged a few pictures.



At home, she wanted to style her dolls' hair based on a book about updo's and buns. Then it was time to settle in to work. She did copy work for week three. We ate chips and dip.

"I love homeschooling. We get to stay home and eat chips and dip during school," she said. And my mind responded: on a Monday!

She wanted to draw a picture to accompany her writing piece. While she did, I read to her about Johann Sebastian Bach. We listened to his piece, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, and upon further exploration, enjoyed the rattling, rich performance of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. We admired the baroque style of music, art and architecture. This all sparked from her music history. She practiced writing cursive B across a page.

There's still more to do, but I couldn't help but feel thankful that we have this year.

Lanie and history, writing and literature. She drinks a coffee. Later, she has me do a fancy updo, and I realize we need more bobby pins.

She's reading in 66 Books and old posts here.

"Do you ever look back and read this?" she asked.

I smiled and my eyes, they softened.

"I do."

"Do you like us better now or when we were younger?" she queried.

"I love it all."

And that's the truth. 

No comments: