Thursday, July 20, 2017

Wanted: blender--the misery antidote

There's this yummy shake we had this summer that I would make more often if our blender hadn't quit working.

It has frozen bananas, ice cubes, maple syrup, cocoa powder, almond milk, a splash of vanilla and a smidge of salt. The blender quits on me when I add the frozen bananas, even if I chop them up first. I think I tried three times to coax it into performance. It's time for a new blender.

We were at a store yesterday and I walked down an aisle to check out prices and features of different blenders. Lanie was hopeful I'd get a new blender because she really loves that shake. She said it's making her miserable that we don't have a blender, and that I'm probably making myself miserable too and I just don't know it.

We're talking about the blender still, right?

It was good for a laugh. 





No comments: