Wednesday, January 5, 2011

At five days in

At four days into the new year, I crossed off the remaining seven items of a to do list from last year. Loose ends, officially tied. And now at five days in, I feel like I can look 2011 in the eyes and ask, "What am I going to do with you?"

Better late than never.

I have not picked out a word for this year.

I have not thought beyond ambiguity for goals.

I do not have a specific list of books I want to read.

Simple Mom created a free, printable goal setting questionnaire. I had Shane print it for me on Monday. And perhaps today, I will work on it. I've heard people say to think of where you want to be, and think backwards from there to start your journey. It's nice to flesh out ideas into concrete steps and actions. It's nice too to have something written out as a point of reference and measure to see if I am any closer to the goal.

Ok, 2011 ... so what am I going to do with you?

No comments: