Friday, May 15, 2009

Read to me

We went to the library on Tuesday. We fill up a large tote with books every time we go. I used to spend so much time a day reading next to Lanie. Now, it's just at bedtime, and I suspect she lets me do it because she likes the closeness, not because she needs me to read to her.

She's already blown through 18 books in the bag. I had selected every book for her, for us to read, while she and Erin played in the library play area. I never got to sit and enjoy a story from this bag, except for the board books I read to Erin.

I'm so glad Lanie's a reader, but I miss that time together, sharing stories. Sometimes she reads to me while I'm making dinner--mostly she reads for her own pleasure, book after book.

I'm thankful she still lets me read to her at bedtime. I will cherish that time as long as it lasts.

2 comments:

jodie said...

i just can't get over your photos

Courtney said...

I love the one of Erin on the swing. That little turkey won't hold still long enough for me to snap a million shots. I always think of you when I post pictures.